25TH MARCH 2020
DUE TO THE CURRENT SITUATION THE BRAMLEY SHOW IS POSTPONING THE DISTRIBUTION OF POTATOES WHILST WE CONSIDER THE BEST WAY TO ENABLE EVERYONE TO TAKE PART SAFELY
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
To take part you will need a 3 gallon (13.5 litre) bucket with drainage holes and a bag of compost.
1. Collect seed potato (second early) from the Bramley Show at the Village Hall Car Park on Sunday 29th March 10am – 11am or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection.
2. Fill in the registration form and return.
3. At the beginning of April, fill the base of the bucket with 10cm (4 inches) of compost. You can add a little perlite or grit to aid drainage. IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY WITH DRILLING DRAINAGE HOLES, BRING YOUR BUCKET WHEN YOU COLLECT YOUR POTATO.
4. Place the potato shoots uppermost in the middle of the bucket.
5. Cover with compost. As the shoots grow, keep adding compost to cover the shoots until the bucket is full.
6. Leave outside in a sunny position. Keep watered.
7. Bring bucket undisturbed to the Village Hall on the day of the show before 10am.
Do not worry if the leaves start to die. There will be potatoes underneath!
There are prizes for
The heaviest crop
The most potatoes
The largest potato
Any queries email: email@example.com
NB If you are going to be away when the show is held, please email and your bucket will be cared for until the show and your bucket and potatoes will be returned to you on your return.