Below are the classes for this year’s show. Entries must be photographed and emailed.
The request for a card with a title is to help verify this is a genuine entry.
Vegetables (one entry per section)
- Tomatoes: A minimum of 4 tomatoes photographed on the plant, either in a grow bag, a pot or in the ground.
- Cucumber: photographed against a tape measure.
- Runner Beans: a group of 3 beans of equal length (photographed with the written word “beans”)
- Open class: Any vegetable photographed with a card stating the name of the vegetable
- The longest runner bean: photographed against a tape measure
- The biggest marrow: photographed against a tape measure.
- A funny shaped vegetable: photographed with a humorous name.
Flowers – One entry per person
- Garden colour: a photograph of any of the following:
- A hanging basket
- A planted pot
- A flowerbed.
Floral Art – One entry per person, per class
- A table decoration containing vegetables – this can include flowers and foliage.
- An arrangement in a basket
Photography – Judged by the public
This year we are limiting this section to 2 classes to encourage all those budding photographers to share images with everyone.
Photos will be uploaded for judging in August and there will be a week to submit your vote.
2 classes. Maximum of 3 photos per entrant.
- A view of Bramley
Art – one entry per person per class
All pictures to be photographed. Only 2 classes, one entry in each class only.
- Pencil drawing – any subject
- A watercolour – any subject
Cookery One entry per person.
- A decorated novelty birthday cake. Must be a minimum 20cm in diameter. Decoration only to be judged, but cake should be cut and a slice taken out of it. Two photos to be submitted.
Crafts – One entry per person per class
- A decorated face mask, worn by a model
- A recycled item
- A Christmas card – the outside and inside to be photographed (2 photos)
Children’s section – (only 1 entry per class Ages to be submitted with entry)
- A monster made from fruit and veg
- A flower arrangement in a mug
- A painting
Creative writing – One entry per person.
Adult and secondary aged young people
- A poem of maximum 20 lines ora short story maximum 750 words
Title: The Wrong Road
Children: currently in primary school.
- Short story maximum 500 words
Title: The Lost Present
Entry forms will be available on the Bramley Show website from July.