2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of hot water
4 oz. butter
5 oz. caster sugar
2 beaten eggs
4 oz. self-raising flour
Grated rind of 1 orange
1 tablespoon of orange juice
2 oz. plain chocolate
1 oz. butter
1 oz. icing sugar
- Blend cocoa and hot water and leave to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the cocoa mixture.
- Beat in eggs with a little flour.
- Fold in remaining flour, orange rind and juice.
- Turn in to lined and greased 7” tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven (Gas mark 4, 350℉, 180℃) until firm to touch.
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water then beat in the butter.
- Remove from heat and add icing sugar.
- Quickly spread over top of cake and mark into swirls using a palette knife