4 oz butter
4 ½ oz caster sugar
4 ½ oz self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 oz desiccated coconut
Rind of lemon, pared and chopped, not grated, leaving a few strands for decoration (save juice)
3 ½ oz crushed pineapple, well drained
2 large eggs
Approx. 2 oz Icing sugar for lemon icing
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ /Gas 4 / fan oven 160℃
- Butter and line a 7” round cake tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale & fluffy, lightly whisk eggs and fold into mixture.
- Add flour, coconut, pineapple, and lemon rind.
- Pour mixture into cake tin.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Turn out onto wire rack to cool.
- Mix lemon juice with icing sugar, until slightly runny, spread on top of cake and decorate with lemon rind and a little coconut.